HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program Continues to Certify Title Agencies as Compliance with ALTA Best Practices
Twenty-four title agencies certified by firm in March and April 2016
May 31, 2016- HA&W, LLP, a nationally recognized tax, audit and business advisory firm headquartered in Atlanta, has certified 24 title agencies as compliant with ALTA Best Practices.
These agencies, along with more than 400 others, have worked with HA&W through its ComplianceSuccess® Program. Developed in partnership with ALTA, the AICPA and the industry’s top title agents, ComplianceSuccess certification provides a high level of assurance to lenders that a title agent or settlement firms meets the highest standards in compliance benchmarking, readiness and reporting across all seven ALTA Best Practice Pillars.
“HA&W stands with its clients by only issuing attestation-level ALTA compliance certificates, unlike other CPA firms in the market,” said Lee Fields, managing director of Business Consulting Services at HA&W. “Our services are the gold standard, as non-attest reports do not provide an opinion and do not follow the assurance standards of the AICPA.”
According to AICPA standards, lenders can fully rely upon attestation certificate programs such as ComplianceSuccess to help meet their regulatory obligations. The standards, however, do not support “consulting engagement certifications” or other less rigorous programs that are offered by many in the ALTA compliance industry. For that reason, a ComplianceSuccess certificate gives title agents a real advantage in the marketplace, as well as increased comfort in their own risk management.
HA&W provides a wide array of ALTA compliance reports including: CPA reviews, CPA examinations, SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports and ISO 27001 certifications. For a small agency, reviews start as low as $3,750, including a detailed readiness assessment. An examination adds HA&W’s CPA opinion along with increased onsite testing. SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports, along with ISO 27001 certifications, meet the needs of the largest and most sophisticated agencies.
Firms that have recently achieved ALTA Best Practices certificates through HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program include:
- Action Title Services LLC (Naples, FL)
- American Abstract Company of McClain County, Inc. (Purcell, OK)
- Birthright Title & Escrow, LLC (Goodlettsville, TN)
- Borders & Borders, PLC (Louisville, KY)
- Celebrity Title Company, LLC (Houston, TX)
- Closing Edge Title, LLC (Newport News, VA)
- Core Title Services, LLC (Lake Success, NY)
- Cottrell Title Group (Naples, FL)
- Gore, Kilpatrick & Dambrino, PLLC (Grenada, MS)
- Heritage Title Company (Crystal Lake, IL)
- Homestead Title & Escrow, LLC (Goodlettsville, TN)
- Inwest Title Services, Inc. (West Haven, UT)
- Langdon Title Agency, LLC (New York, NY)
- Lori Ellen Ward, PL dba Priority Title (Miramar Beach, FL)
- Meyer Closings, LLC (Atlanta, GA)
- Monarch Title Company, Inc. (Columbia, MO)
- Precision Title Company (Schaumburg, IL)
- Republic Title of Texas, Inc. (Plano, TX)
- Southern Title, Inc. (Harvey, LA)
- Surety Land Title, Inc. (Mobile, AL)
- The Law Office of R. Steven Calhoun (West Monroe, LA)
- Thomas N. Jones & Associates (Franklin, TN)
- Title Stream, LLC (New Orleans, LA)
- Top Tier Title, LLC (Mandeville, LA)
“These title agents and settlement firms are leading the industry and taking important steps to ensure that their business operations are secure, efficient and effective,” Fields said. “As title agencies become more accustomed to their compliance requirements, they are increasingly looking to ALTA Best Practices and programs like ComplianceSuccess to improve their businesses and ultimately drive a clear competitive advantage.”
For more information about HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess® Program, visit http://www.compliancesuccess.com or call 1-844-848-6529.
ABOUT HA&W’S TITLE INDUSTRY SERVICES GROUP:
HA&W, LLP, is the leading CPA firm in the nation providing ALTA Best Practices compliance benchmarking, readiness and reporting. HA&W expanded its services to the title industry through the creation of its Title Industry Services group to help agents, underwriters and lenders realize profitable growth by managing risk and improving business operations. HA&W provides services to address the specific needs of title professionals including ALTA Best Practices compliance testing and reporting, enterprise risk management programs, forensic investigations, internal audits, cyber security planning and certifications, vendor management, business valuations, merger & acquisition due diligence, succession planning, wealth management and traditional tax and accounting services.