Karen Bates, CPA
Karen has over 29 years of experience helping clients navigate the benefits and challenges of managing their businesses’ qualified retirement plans. Her specialties include consultation on all aspects of qualified retirement plans, plan administration, Section 125 Plan consultation and plan documentation. Karen’s depth of experience with qualified plans, benefits and tax strategy help employers of all sizes clearly understand the impacts of plan design on both their corporate and individual tax returns.
Karen’s personalized service and one-on-one attention provides comprehensive plan administration services including:
- Plan documentation services
- Annual administration, reporting and compliance testing
- Government form preparation (of any kind)
- Plan termination services
- IRS/DOL representation for any audits that arise
Karen earned her BBA in Accounting from Oglethorpe University.
Her professional affiliations include:
- Member of GA Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Life Insurance Licensed
When Karen isn’t helping her clients achieve their goals, she can be found offering her time and resources to the local animal rescue and welfare group, Angels Among Us Pet Rescue, where she has been volunteering as the Adoption Events Coordinator since 2012.