- Graduated From
- University of Alabama
Bobby is a partner in Aprio’s Housing Authorities group and accounting and tax practices. He has 37 years of experience in the housing authority space and with commercial tax clients.
As the leader of Aprio’s Housing Authorities practice, Bobby has overseen over 2,200 housing authority audits, and he continues to supervise audits and REAC submissions. He helps clients be successful by regularly addressing client questions, assisting with planning and meeting clients’ technical needs, such as Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) conversions
In his role, Bobby also works closely with commercial business clients.
In 1980, Bobby founded Boyd CPA Firm, which merged in 1995 to form Yeager & Boyd. Bobby was responsible for the firm’s operations, specializing in auditing, income taxes and management consulting. In 2017, the Yeager & Boyd team joined Aprio.
Bobby earned his B.S. in Accounting from the University of Alabama. His professional, personal and civic affiliations include:
- Inverness Lions Club – Past president and current member
- Glenwood Mental Health Services – Past board member, finance committee member and treasurer
- First Christian Church – Member and deacon
- Birmingham Jaycees – Past vice president
- University of Alabama Alumni Association, Shelby County Chapter – President
- Beta Gamma Sigma (business honorary society)
- Beta Alpha Psi (accounting honorary society)
- UAB School of Optometry – Dean’s Community Advisory Committee
- Kirkwall Homeowners Association – Past president
- Former USAF A-7 attack pilot