The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: July 11 – 15, 2022
July 18, 2022
At a glance:
- Last week, the markets faced another multi-decade high inflation as investors grow concerned that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates by 1% at the end of the month.
- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) report was higher than expected sending the market into a tailspin as technology, smaller companies, emerging markets and bitcoin declined.
- The commodities markets are signaling a weakening economy after copper dropped 10% last week.
- Despite the acceleration in shelter costs, consumer spending remains strong. While most of the spending is on necessities, such as gas and bills, consumers are paying for experiences resulting in travel costs to grow as fast as gas.
- Supply chains have improved overall as the strain from the pandemic has declined and activity remains steady.
- Why unionization is succeeding after decades of receding
- The crypto billionaire, Celsius Network LTD., is looking to clean up in the bankruptcy wave
- It’s the best of times and the worst of times for semiconductor supply chains
- Why legal experts believe Twitter has a strong case against Elon Musk dropping his acquisition
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (July 18th, 2022) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
About the Author
Chief Investment Officer At Aprio Wealth Management At Aprio Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.