Twenty Title Agencies Deemed Compliant with ALTA Best Practices by HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program
Title agencies deemed compliant in August, September and October 2016
November 14, 2016- HA&W, LLP, a nationally-recognized tax, audit and business advisory firm headquartered in Atlanta, announced today that the firm has deemed 20 title agencies compliant with ALTA Best Practices.
These agencies, along with more than 500 others, have partnered with HA&W through its ComplianceSuccess® Program. Developed in partnership with ALTA, the AICPA and the industry’s top title agents, HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program assures lenders that a title agent or settlement firm meets the highest standards in compliance benchmarking, readiness and reporting across all seven ALTA Best Practice Pillars.
According to AICPA standards, lenders can fully rely upon attestation programs such as ComplianceSuccess to help meet their regulatory obligations. The standards, however, do not support “consulting engagement certifications” or other less rigorous programs that are offered by many in the ALTA Best Practices “certification” industry. For that reason, a CPA review or examination gives title agents a real advantage in the marketplace, as well as increased comfort in their own risk management.
HA&W provides a wide array of compliance reports including: CPA reviews, CPA examinations, SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports and ISO 27001 certifications. For a small agency, reviews start as low as $3,750, including a detailed readiness assessment. An examination adds HA&W’s CPA opinion along with increased onsite testing. SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports, along with ISO 27001 certifications, meet the needs of the largest and most sophisticated agencies.
Firms that have recently achieved ALTA Best Practices compliance through HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program include:
- Armstrong, Thomas, Berry, Lampton & McCardle (Hazlehurst, MS)
- Certified Title Corporation (Owings Mills, MD)
- Commerce Title & Abstract Company (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Dorrill & Pettit (Koscuisko, MS)
- Edge & Kimbell Law, LLC and Hopewell Title of Alabama, LLC (McDonough, GA)
- Gary Lawson & Associates, P.C. now known as Lawson & Beck, LLC (Peachtree City, GA)
- Global America Title Services, LLC (Hollywood, FL)
- Landmark Title Services, LLC (Orange City, FL)
- Mitchell, McNutt & Sams, P.A. (Tupelo, MS)
- NOLA Title Company, LLC (Metairie, LA)
- North American Title Group, Inc. and Affiliates (Miami, FL)
- Ohio Title Corp (Middleburg, OH)
- Okmulgee Land Title Co. and OLT Real Estate Closing Services, Inc. (Okmulgee, OK)
- Providence Title Company (Arlington, TX)
- Signature Title of Mississippi, LLC dba Delta Title & Escrow Company (Ocean Springs, MS)
- Sneeringer Monahan Provost Redgrave Title Agency, Inc. (Albany, NY)
- Thompson O’Brien Kemp & Nasuti, P.C. (Norcross, GA)
- Turner, Onderdonk, Kimbrough, Howell, Huggins & Bradley, P.A. (Chatom, AL)
- Veritas Title Partners, L.P. (Houston, TX)
- Williams, Rentz & Moulton, P.C. (St. Simons Island, GA)
“These industry leaders are taking a proactive stance with regard to compliance with ALTA Best Practices,” said Lee Fields, managing director of Business Consulting Services at HA&W. “They recognize the importance of compliance to the overall operational efficiency of their business and chose to partner with a CPA firm that stands with their clients by only issuing attestation-level ALTA compliance reports which are the gold standard.”
For more information about HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess® Program, or any of the other services HA&W offers to the title industry, visit aprio.com/industry/title-industry call 1-844-848-6529.
ABOUT HA&W’S TITLE INDUSTRY SERVICES:
HA&W’s Title Industry Services group elevates the operational effectiveness of agents, underwriters and lenders across the title industry. The group pioneered ALTA Best Practices compliance testing and reporting and, as the industry leader, has continued to refine it. The depth of the team’s industry knowledge and business expertise allows them to offer a comprehensive range of products and services that go far beyond compliance and serve the industry with innovation available nowhere else. Whether in compliance, business valuation, cyber security, enterprise risk management, mergers and acquisitions or tax planning, HA&W protects its title industry clients and strengthens their businesses, delivering peace of mind.
To learn more about HA&W’s Title Industry Services, visit aprio.com/industry/title-industry.