Twenty-Two Title Agencies Deemed Compliant with ALTA Best Practices by HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program
August 23, 2016
Title agencies deemed compliant in May, June and July 2016
August 23, 2016- HA&W, LLP, a nationally-recognized tax, audit and business advisory firm headquartered in Atlanta, announced today that the firm has deemed 22 title agencies compliant with ALTA Best Practices.
These agencies, along with more than 450 others, have partnered with HA&W through its ComplianceSuccess® Program. Developed in partnership with ALTA, the AICPA and the industry’s top title agents, HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program assures lenders that a title agent or settlement firm meets the highest standards in compliance benchmarking, readiness and reporting across all seven ALTA Best Practice Pillars.
“HA&W stands with its clients by only issuing attestation-level ALTA compliance reports, unlike other CPA firms in the market,” said Lee Fields, managing director of Business Consulting Services at HA&W. “Our services are the gold standard, as non-attest reports do not provide an opinion and do not follow the assurance standards of the AICPA.”
According to AICPA standards, lenders can fully rely upon attestation programs such as ComplianceSuccess to help meet their regulatory obligations. The standards, however, do not support “consulting engagement certifications” or other less rigorous programs that are offered by many in the ALTA compliance industry. For that reason, a ComplianceSuccess certificate gives title agents a real advantage in the marketplace, as well as increased comfort in their own risk management.
HA&W provides a wide array of ALTA compliance reports including: CPA reviews, CPA examinations, SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports and ISO 27001 certifications. For a small agency, reviews start as low as $3,750, including a detailed readiness assessment. An examination adds HA&W’s CPA opinion along with increased onsite testing. SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports, along with ISO 27001 certifications, meet the needs of the largest and most sophisticated agencies.
Firms that have recently achieved ALTA Best Practices compliance through HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess Program include:
- Affinity Title Services, Inc. (Boynton Beach, FL)
- Barron & Redding, P.A. (Panama City, FL)
- Buckner & Cook, LLC (Prattville, AL)
- Buttram, Hawkins & Hopper, LLC (Centre, AL)
- Donald M. McLeod (Camden, AL)
- Dyer Land Title Company (Dyersburg, TN)
- Foundation Title and Escrow Series, LLC (Nashville, TN)
- Greg E. Beard, P.A. (Booneville, MS)
- Hampton Law Firm, LLC (Farmerville, LA)
- Harkavy Shainberg Kaplan & Dunstan PLC (Memphis, TN)
- Hodge & Temple, PC (Atlanta, GA)
- Kramer Huy P.A. (Marco Island, FL)
- LA Title Solutions, LLC (Lehigh Acres, FL)
- Marino Law Group, PLLC (Pittsford, NY)
- Moore Law Firm, PLLC (Corinth, MS)
- Passport Title Services, LLC (Rockville, MD)
- Smartcounsel, PSC (Bowling Green, KY)
- South Oak Title Gardendale, LLC (Birmingham, AL)
- Southwest Title Company (Texarkana, AR)
- Titlemasters, Inc. (Belle Chasse, LA)
- US Patriot Title, LLC (Palm Coast, FL)
- Williams, Parker, Harrison, Dietz & Getzen, Professional Association (Sarasota, FL)
“The title agencies and settlement firms that have already achieved compliance with ALTA Best Practice are proactive leaders in their industry,” said Fields. “These businesses are looking to grow through the operational efficiencies achieved by implementing ALTA Best Practices, while at the same time positioning themselves as market front-runners.”
For more information about HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess® Program, or any of the other services HA&W offers to the title industry, visit http://www.compliancesuccess.com or call 1-844-848-6529.
ABOUT HA&W’S TITLE INDUSTRY SERVICES:
HA&W’s Title Industry Services group elevates the operational effectiveness of agents, underwriters and lenders across the title industry. The group pioneered ALTA Best Practices compliance testing and reporting and, as the industry leader, has continued to refine it. The depth of the team’s industry knowledge and business expertise allows them to offer a comprehensive range of products and services that go far beyond compliance and serve the industry with innovation available nowhere else. Whether in compliance, business valuation, cyber security, enterprise risk management, mergers and acquisitions or tax planning, HA&W protects its title industry clients and strengthens their businesses, delivering peace of mind.
To learn more about HA&W’s Title Industry Services, visit http://www.compliancesuccess.com.