The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: August 2–6, 2021|
Reading Time: 2 minutes
At a glance:
- The COVID-19 Delta strain is a top worry for people all over the world, and recent performance indicates those concerns have made their way to the markets. On the bright side, employment looks promising and service industries are seeing a resurgence.
- The sectors of the market that are most sensitive to the health of the economy lagged last week, amid worries that global growth may stagnate due to the rise in COVID-19 cases.
- Worries over COVID-19 were buoyed by July’s strong jobs report, which beat economists’ expectations.
- We’re seeing multidecade highs for U.S. service companies, although concerns remain about input costs, labor and delivery times.
- Exxon Mobil makes a big pledge to sustainability, while Chinese retailer Shein attracts attention in the e-commerce space. We’re also reading about fintech’s growing popularity among millennials and Gen-Zs, plus a new tech trend for traders.
- Exxon Mulls Pledging Net-Zero Carbon Emissions by 2050
- Shein Is the Fastest-Growing E-commerce Company You’ve Maybe Never Heard Of
- Why Millennials and Gen-Zs Are Jumping on the Buy Now, Pay Later Trend
- How Virtual Reality Will Change Trading for Pros and Everyone Else
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (August 10, 2021) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.