The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: August 23–27, 2021|
Reading Time: 2 minutes
At a glance
- Markets rebounded after a rough couple of weeks, as investors embraced more risk and more cyclical sectors. Meanwhile, we’re starting to see the Delta strain of COVID-19 impacting the economy and the stability of recovery.
- Positive, thanks to the Fed’s announcement about its tapered bond-buying program and its delay in increasing interest rates.
- Travel, restaurants, supply and rail cars are just a few of the sectors feeling the weight of the Delta strain and rising COVID-19 cases globally.
- We’re reading about Amazon’s new and promising partnership, inflation in the real estate market and an interesting “foodtech” investment from the fast-casual restaurant, Sweetgreen. Plus, we take a look at where young people are investing their stimulus money.
- Half of young investors invested their stimulus money, CNBC survey finds. Here’s where they put it.
- Affirm shares soar on news of Amazon partnership for Buy Now, Pay Later
- What inflation looks like in the rental market
- Sweetgreen buys robotic-restaurant chain Spyce as it prepares to go public
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (August 31, 2021) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.