The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: July 26–30, 2021|
Reading Time: 2 minutes
At a glance:
- Earnings season is here, and it has revealed slowing growth in one of the biggest pandemic-affected areas: eCommerce. Plus, we take a look at new GDP and consumer and business spending numbers you should know.
- Companies have released their earnings reports for the second quarter, which showed a potential slowdown eCommerce, growth in online advertising and constrained supply chains.
- Though GDP growth was generally a big miss in the second quarter, there were some hidden benefits mixed in with the headlines.
- Great news — consumers are spending and so are businesses, with much of their focus on equipment and intellectual property.
- We’re reading articles focused on the bipartisan infrastructure bill, a new fintech merger, a billion-dollar purchase in retail and new challenges for top streaming companies.
- What’s in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?
- Square to buy ‘buy now, pay later’ giant Afterpay in $29 billion deal
- Foot Locker to buy two shoe store chains for $1.1 billion
- Disney, WarnerMedia and NBCUniversal wrestle with balancing the value of cable networks and streaming services
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (August 3, 2021) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.