Angela Dotson, CPA
Partner-in-Charge, Professional Services
Angela is the partner-in-charge of the Professional Services group at Aprio. Every day, she provides tax services to corporations, partnerships and individuals, with extensive experience in working with owners and managers of professional services companies and non-profit organizations, as well as commercial real estate businesses.
Angela focuses her finance and accounting expertise on women-owned businesses, enabling them to become sustainable entities for the long-run. Angela empowers women by educating them on tax planning, non-profits and business opportunities. During her 17 year career, Angela has helped clients resolve issues with the Internal Revenue Service and various state agencies.
In 2012, the Atlanta Business Chronicle recognized Angela as one of the 40 professionals to watch who are under 40 years old, and she is also one of the youngest people to make partner at Aprio. Additionally, Angela is the first African American partner of Aprio.
Angela earned her Bachelor of Business Administration and Masters of Accounting, with a concentration in taxation, from the University of Georgia. She has authored several articles about tax and non-profits.
Her professional and personal affiliations and recent speaking engagements include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Black Accountants
- TurningPoint Women’s Healthcare – Treasurer
- C5 Georgia – Interim Chair, Finance Committee
- Recipient of 2012 40 Under 40 award from the Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Recipient of the University of Georgia’s 2013 40 Under 40 award
- Recipient of Georgia Trend’s 2013 40 Under 40 award
- 2013 Turknett Leadership Character Award nominee
- 2014 speaker at Turknett Women in Leadership seminar