Who I work with
As the National Partner in Aprio’s Information Assurance Services group, I work with small to mid-sized companies in a variety of industries including fintech, healthcare IT, technology, insurance, licensed gaming, telecommunications, and consumer and industrial products. I partner with COOs, CISOs, CIOs and Internal Counsel of domestic and international businesses to help their organizations establish, monitor and maintain effective information security and privacy risk management programs.
I have considerable expertise in the evaluation and design of vendor management programs. I specialize in providing risk assessments and attestation services to address leading privacy and security protocols including:
- SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC 3 reporting
- PCI DSS
- ISO 27001, ISO 27701, ISO 22301
- LADMF certification
- NIST 171
- NIST 800-53
- NIST 800-66
Unique things about me
- During my 20+ year career, I have performed over 3,000 audit and compliance related engagements for companies.
- Before joining Aprio, I was a partner at Grant Thornton and the firm’s Southeast Special Attestation Reporting (SAR) Practice Leader. Through my passion for customer service I scaled the practice from six people in 2011 to 40 professionals in 2019.
- I earned my Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from the University of Georgia
When I am not at work
When I am not working, I am active in the following professional organizations:
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Former Executive Officer and Steering Committee Member
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA),
- Member of the Georgia Society of CPAs.