Who I work with
I work with business leaders and changemakers in the Mid-Atlantic region. I also work to ensure my team has what they need each day to achieve their goals and contribute to the ongoing success of their clients. In addition to my client work and mentorship, I collaborate with our firm leaders, examining our end-to-end solutions to identify even more innovative services to deliver to our growing client base.
I am an inclusive thought leader, advocate for the firm of the future and a champion for innovation in the industry. If you are an entrepreneur looking to take your business to the next phase of growth, especially in the D.C. regional area, I’d love to connect!
I am a trusted advisor to business leaders, helping clients balance the challenges and opportunities inherent to operating successfully in this region. I bring my extensive background in assurance, tax and consulting to constantly seek out new ways to reinvent and improve upon the way our teams serve our diverse client base. The market is changing faster than ever, and the accounting industry must play a proactive role in addressing the needs of their clients and helping them rethink their approach to doing business. I am passionate about helping clients adapt to this change and thrive by transforming challenges into opportunities.
Unique things about me
Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I took a Wilton cake decorating class when my children were young and continued to create fun themed cakes as they grew up.
When I am not at work
Spending time with my friends and family is most important to me when I am not at work. I also spend a lot of my time in the community, working on artistic boards and mentoring young business leaders and entrepreneurs. I love to travel, and I’m fascinated with learning about and experiencing different cultures around the world. Visiting every continent is on my bucket list!
People say I am
I am a community builder and purpose-driven mentor.
A passionate champion for the accounting profession.
- University of Maryland: Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Aprio Board of Directors: January 2023
- AICPA Board Member: May 2022 – present
- MACPA Immediate Past Chairman of the Board: July 2019 – present
- Marymount University Board of Trustees: May 2019 – present
- Professional Services Council Treasurer: January 2015 – present
- Choral Arts Society of D.C.:
- Current Board: June 2014 – present
- Chairman of the Board: 2019 – 2021
- Most Powerful Women in Accounting, American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), 2021 & 2022
- Maryland’s Top 100 Women, The Daily Record, 2020 & 2018
- Women to Watch, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA), 2014