Wendy Lu, CPA
Partner, International Tax Services (China Leader)
Wendy is the partner leading Aprio’s Chinese Practice. She brings over 19 years of public accounting experience to her clients focusing on strategic planning for multi-national companies on domestic and international tax and non-tax issues regarding their inbound and outbound operations. Wendy also specializes in tax incentives, tax research, tax accounting assurance and federal, multi-state and international income tax compliance. She frequently assists clients in the planning and implementation of worldwide business restructuring, mergers and acquisitions.
Aprio’s Chinese practice concentrates on public, private and foreign-owned companies across various geographies in the fields of manufacturing, wholesale, IT, real estate, blockchain, engineering, pharmaceutical, telecommunication, transportation, e-gaming and other sectors.
Wendy has been advising Chinese clients from startups to exit-stage companies on their cross-border transactions between China and the U.S. for more than 15 years. She provides strategic planning on various tax and non-tax matters, manages global tax exposure and maximizes tax benefits for Chinese clients investing in the U.S. and U.S. clients with operation in the Greater China region.
Wendy is a native Chinese speaker and speaks fluent Cantonese.
Prior to joining Aprio, Wendy worked at a local public accounting firm in Atlanta for six years, serving small to mid-size corporate clients as well as high net worth individuals.
Wendy earned a master’s degree in Accounting at Kennesaw State University and has a passion for serving Chinese communities. Today she serves as an advisor in the Advisory Board of Symposium on Asia-USA Partnership Opportunities (SAUPO).
Her professional involvement and community involvement include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Hong Kong Association of Atlanta
- Symposium on Asia-USA Partnership Opportunities
- National Association of Chinese Americans
- Association of Chinese Professionals
- Past board member of the Board of Advisory of AIESEC’s UGA Chapter
- Past PTA Chair of Atlanta Chinese Contemporary Academy West Campus
- Past PTA Treasurer of Atlanta Chinese Contemporary Academy West Campus