Aprio Officially Welcomes Aronson in Strategic Combination, Names Rising Leaders and Partners for 2023
January 3, 2023
Combination originally announced November 2022 officially in effect with new Partners and Directors named in fast-growing areas for the firm
ATLANTA/ROCKVILLE – Today, Aprio, LLP, a nationally recognized business advisory and CPA firm headquartered in Atlanta, officially closed on the strategic combination with Aronson, LLC that was announced last fall. Effective January 1, 2023, Aronson’s 350 team members, including 42 partners, joined the firm growing Aprio’s team to more than 1,500 members internationally and 161 total partners.
With the addition of Aronson’s capabilities, Aprio serves major markets across nine industry segments building upon nearly five times organic and inorganic growth over the last decade. With a larger national presence and over $350 million in combined revenue, the merger positions Aprio to elevate these new team members across the organization in practices, specialty services, and segments including Government Contracting, Nonprofit and Construction, as well as in leadership positions.
Aprio’s newest leaders from Aronson that will serve in integral leadership roles and become Aprio partners include:
- Lexy Kessler Mid-Atlantic Regional Leader.
- Nicole Mitchell Chief Practice Officer.
- Jeff Gershen will co-lead the Aprio national Tax practice.
- David Semendinger Mid-Atlantic Director of Audit and will join Aprio’s Quality Assurance Team.
- Rob Eby National Lead for Aprio’s Nonprofit segment.
- Jim Fennel National Lead for Aprio’s Government Contracting segment.
- Chavon Wilcox National Lead for Aprio’s Construction segment.
- Alan LangelliMid-Atlantic Lead for the Technology segment.
- Azunna Anyanwu Aprio’s Chief Technology Officer.
- Thad Panik Chief Learning Officer.
- Kathryn Petrillo will be the National Lead for Aprio’s Employee Benefit Plans segment.
The new rising client service partners joining Aprio from Aronson include:
- Christopher Guerin, Government Contracting, Audit
- Catherine Saadat, Technology & Government Contracting, Audit
- Ho-Ming Fong, Employee Benefits Plans, Audit
- Marc Greenberg, Construction & Real Estate, Audit
- Clint Woofter, Government Contracting, Advisory
- Leslie Zeid, Nonprofit, Outsourcing
- Grant Patterson, Government Contracting, Tax services
Two partners joining Aprio from Aronson will also join the firm’s Board of Directors. Lexy Kessler and Jeff Gershen were elected in December 2022, making the Aprio board a total of 9 directors .
“Aprio’s relationship with Aronson has been both impactful and additive to the firm, and we’re excited to integrate their leaders in important roles, many that are newly created positions, that are critical for our success at our now increased size,” said Richard Kopelman, CEO and Managing Partner at Aprio. “Our firm’s well-defined culture backed by the 31 Fundamentals, and our best-in-class client service, continues to position us for success and growth and is made possible by everybody at Aprio. Our newly established team structure will position us for all the exciting growth ahead as we work towards becoming One Aprio.”
For more information about Aprio, visit www.aprio.com.
Aprio is a premier, full-service business advisory and certified public accounting firm that advises clients and associates on how to achieve what’s next. Aprio’s associates work as integrated teams across advisory, assurance, tax, outsourcing, talent solutions and private client services, bringing the best thinking and personal commitment to each client. Across practices, Aprio brings together proven expertise, deep understanding and strategic foresight for industries including Manufacturing and Distribution; Non-Profit and Education; Professional Services; Real Estate; Construction; Retail, Franchise and Hospitality; Government Contracting, and Technology and Blockchain. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Aprio has grown to over 1,400 team members. To serve clients wherever life or business may take them, Aprio’s teams speak more than 35 languages and work with clients in over 50 countries. For more, visit https://www.aprio.com/.
Aprio Website: https://www.aprio.com/
Aprio Careers: https://www.careers.aprio.com/
Media Contact Jordan Haywood, 770-353-3180, [email protected]