The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: Feb 21 – 25, 2022
March 1, 2022
At a glance:
- The invasion of Ukraine has resulted in another unstable week for the stock market. Investors hope the Federal Reserve will react slower to inflation. Businesses are keeping up with M&A trends to address supply chain challenges. Consumer sentiments over inflation differ from their spending habits.
- Markets were down globally with international, and especially emerging markets declining, as investors, and the world, react to the invasion of Ukraine.
- Investors speculate the Federal Reserve are unlikely to respond aggressively to inflation due to the news from Ukraine.
- Consumers’ negative sentiments on inflation diverge from their actions as they are spending aggressively on leisure travel, food and home renovations.
- As it relates to industry news, we’re reading about the Ukrainian government raising more than $10 million in cryptocurrency donations, warehousing costs skyrocket as pandemic shortages drag on, highlights from Warren Buffet’s annual letter to shareholders and Bowery’s recent acquisition of Traptic.
- Ukraine government raises over $10 million in cryptocurrency donations
- Warehousing costs skyrocket as pandemic shortages drag on
- The best of Buffett’s annual letter: No ‘exciting’ deals, thanks America, Jimmy Buffett’s party boat
- Following acquisition by Bowery, Traptic’s strawberry-picking robotics pivot to vertical farming
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (March 1st, 2022) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
Stay informed with Aprio.
Get industry news and leading insights delivered straight to your inbox.
About the Author
Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.