Darrin Friedrich, CPA
Real Estate and Construction | Tax Partner
Who I work with
As a partner in Aprio’s Real Estate and Construction Practice, I work closely with C-level executives and owners of real estate, construction and retail and hospitality companies.
I specialize in tax consulting, tax preparation and business consulting, primarily working with clients in the real estate industry. I advise clients on how to structure their businesses in ways that mitigate tax liabilities and help them obtain state and federal tax credits, like the Low Income Housing Tax Credit.
My work has included teaming with engineers on studies about maximizing depreciation on commercial, multi family or single-family homes, as well as consultations on scenarios related to Section 1031/1033 transactions. Here are just a few of the ways I have helped my clients succeed:
- Directed Millions of Dollars of Capital Gains into Qualified Opportunity Zone Assets, which will result in elimination of gain on the replacement assets.
- Maximized the utilization of Tax Incentives for multiple developers to minimize the tax burden on their promoted interests.
- Restructured Estate owned Assets to minimize impact on liquidation of assets.
- Consulted various scenarios related to Section 1031/1033 transactions.
Unique things about me
- I earned my Bachelor of Business Administration and a Master of Accountancy degree with an emphasis in taxation from The University of Georgia.
- I lead Aprio’s recruiting efforts at the University of Georgia.
- I also love animals – both on land and in the sea.
When I am not at work
I am passionate about education. I’m currently an active board member at a Private High School in Sandy Springs and former board chair for a Private School in Sandy Springs.
People say I am
My approach with real estate business owners has often been labelled as determined and high energy
Determined and high energy