Darrin Friedrich, CPA
As a tax partner at Aprio, Darrin is known for his exacting technical expertise, providing high-quality service to his clients in the real estate, construction and retail and hospitality industries.
Over the past 23 years, Darrin has helped his clients structure their businesses in ways that mitigate tax liabilities as well as help them qualify and obtain state and federal tax credits, like the Low Income Housing Tax Credit. He specializes in tax consulting, tax preparation and business consulting, primarily working with clients in the real estate industry. Just recently, Darrin helped a client restructure their company, enabling them to reduce their personal guarantees on company debt and increase the company’s working capital, while at the same time improving the company’s national exposure to attract potential future investors.
Darrin is responsible for developing tax-related policies and procedures for the entire firm. Additionally, he heads up the firm’s recruiting efforts at The University of Georgia.
He earned his Bachelor of Business Administration and a Master of Accountancy degree with an emphasis in taxation from The University of Georgia.
His professional affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Epstein School – Former treasurer and president-elect
- The Weber School – Board member
- Jewish Federation of Georgia – Member of the Planned Giving & Endowment Committee
- AICPA Technical Resource Panel – Former member
- Baker Tilly International Tax Management Committee – Former member