The Aprio Foundation Awards $67,500 to Nonprofit Organizations Named Community Impact Grantees
December 20, 2022
Firm’s charitable arm awards 12 nonprofit organizations with grants for third quarter 2022 to support impactful programs and missions
ATLANTA – December 21, 2022 – Nationally ranked business advisory and CPA firm Aprio, LLP is proud to share that the firm’s charitable arm, the Aprio Foundation, has awarded 12 grants totaling $67,500 to nonprofit community partners. The third quarterly community impact grant recipients for 2022 include Open Hand Atlanta, Room in the Inn, Chattahoochee Nature Center, Atlanta Angels, C5 Georgia Youth Foundation, Hands on Atlanta, Mercy Housing Southeast, Surry County Schools Educational Foundation, Top Ladies of Distinction (Atlanta Peachtree Chapter), Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Blue Heron Nature Preserve, and Sandy Springs Education Force.
“We’re honored to support these organizations and the impactful work they do in their communities through the Community Impact program, which awarded over 70 percent of applicants in third quarter and marked a total of $160,000 of awarded grants this year,” said Executive Director of The Aprio Foundation, Michele Blondheim. “This was a transformational year for the Aprio Foundation and now with our expanded team and geographic reach through the strategic combination with Aronson, LLC, we are beyond excited to make bigger impacts in 2023 and years to come.”
WATCH THE APRIO FOUNDATION’S 2022 IMPACT WEEK RECAP.
The third quarter grantees join the previous 8 grants that were awarded in first quarter and the 9 grants that were awarded in second quarter of 2022.
- Open Hand Atlanta: Hand-delivering more than 1.4 million medically tailored meals a year to more than 4,500 clients throughout Georgia, Open Hand Atlanta provides from scratch meals for seniors and those living with disabilities and nutrition-sensitive conditions, such as HIV/AIDS, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Room in the Inn: RITI is a leader in providing emergency shelter and supportive services to thousands of unhoused individuals in Middle Tennessee. RITI opens its doors to everyone to make them feel welcomed, safe, and able to utilize essential services, including unique populations with limited shelter options like those on sex offender registries, aging adults, women, and transgender individuals.
- Chattahoochee Nature Center: Students explore the science behind how nature works and are exposed to science-based career opportunities through CNC’s STEM programs. Offering an opportunity for students to be immersed in nature, students learn they can translate the experiences shared at the Center into a pursuit of professional careers across many disciplines.
- Atlanta Angels: Matching volunteers with families and youth experiencing foster care to provide them with support and build healthy relationships, Atlanta Angels’ mission is to offer consistent support through intentional giving, relationship building, and mentorship.
- C5 Georgia Youth Foundation: Through their resilience-building experiences and college/career readiness program, C5 Youth Foundation of Georgia aims to change the odds of success for high potential teens from under-resourced communities in Metro Atlanta to close gaps in economic inequality, graduation and wealth generation opportunity.
- Hands on Atlanta: Bringing together Atlanta volunteers and nonprofits since 1990, Hands on Atlanta’s Discovery program allows trained AmeriCorps members and community volunteers to provide weekend academic enrichment to elementary school students through tutoring, STEM lessons and service learning.
- Mercy Housing Southeast: Helping families, seniors, and individuals combat the negative effects of poverty, MHSE complements affordable housing with supportive programs that empower residents to thrive. They provide service-enriched housing to improve quality of life by ensuring access to care, adequate nutrition, and health education.
- Surry County Schools Educational Foundation: Funding from the Aprio Foundation Community Impact Grant will cover the transportation cost for all Surry County students to participate in educational and cultural field trips. Taking students to a world beyond the classroom, participation in field trips creates memorable experiences that are fundamental to learning and last well beyond the trip.
- Top Ladies of Distinction (Atlanta Peachtree Chapter): TLOD’s Atlanta Peacthree Chapter serves adults and youth through activities within a holistic mentoring program that includes educational endeavors, environmental beautification, and community service projects to engage teens in giving back.
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation: With a mission to create safe and stable homes and families by inspiring the fight for equal justice, AVLF’s volunteer attorneys stand up to unscrupulous landlords that disregard their legal duty and provide free legal help to demand repairs, address conditions that are making children sick, to extricate tenants from bad leases, or to fight back in eviction cases.
- Blue Heron Nature Preserve: BHNP’s mission is to create a personal experience with nature through Conservation, Education and the Arts. Their Art of Nature outdoor exhibition is the premiere, free environmental art exhibition in the Southeast, presenting the delicate infusion of art into the environment, promoting environmental stewardship, dialogue, and appreciation.
- Sandy Springs Education Force: SSEF designs and implements free supplemental programs to engage, support and encourage economically disadvantaged public-school students in Sandy Springs preparing them for a competitive world. Their nationally proven after-school program includes academic tutoring, enrichment activities, as well as exposure to community, cultural and sports activities.
The Aprio Foundation exists to fund and support employee-driven initiatives and nonprofits with a vision to provide opportunities for every Aprio employee to positively impact their local community, through values that include inclusion, diversity and equity, and positive social change to ensure community impact. Since inception in 2016, the Foundation has supported local and national nonprofit organizations through financial contributions, community impact grants and in-kind donations. The community impact grants aim to propel each of the nonprofits’ annual programs, new strategic initiatives, special projects and overall mission.
Nonprofit organizations are nominated by Aprio team members to apply. For additional information visit The Aprio Foundation.
Aprio is a premier, full-service business advisory and certified public accounting firm that advises clients and associates on how to achieve what’s next. Aprio’s associates work as integrated teams across advisory, assurance, tax, outsourcing, talent solutions and private client services, bringing the best thinking and personal commitment to each client. Across practices, Aprio brings together proven expertise, deep understanding and strategic foresight for industries including Manufacturing and Distribution; Non-Profit and Education; Professional Services; Real Estate; Construction; Retail, Franchise and Hospitality; Government Contracting, and Technology and Blockchain. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Aprio has grown to over 1,400 team members. To serve clients wherever life or business may take them, Aprio’s teams speak more than 35 languages and work with clients in over 50 countries. For more, visit https://www.aprio.com/.
Aprio Website: https://www.aprio.com/
Aprio Careers: https://www.careers.aprio.com/