Aprio Awards $25,000 in Scholarships in Accounting Case Competition for Underrepresented Minorities
November 17, 2021
Aprio, LLP, a nationally recognized business advisory and CPA firm is proud to announce the winners of Aprio’s second annual Accounting Case Study Competition for Underrepresented Minorities. 47 students forming 14 teams participated in the virtual event held on November 5, 2021. Nine students were named finalists in the competition and were awarded a total of $25,000 in cash scholarships. The winning students are as follows:
- 1st Place: $15,000 Prize – Mia Nieves, Judy Fan and Yedam Kim from Georgia State University
- 2nd Place: $7,000 Prize – Sabrina Leung and Amna Glissa from Kennesaw State University
- 3rd Place: $3,000 Prize – Shaina Morgan, Chasitie Trinh, Tracy Chen and Manashi Patel from the University of Georgia
Students were evaluated in the following areas: case study findings, creativity, real-world applicability, use of technology, enthusiasm, and presentation skills. To be eligible to participate, the student must be a junior, senior or master’s student in the field of accounting and a member of an underrepresented minority.
The competition was judged by Aprio experts:
- Angela Dotson, Partner-in-Charge, Professional Services
- Adam Beckerman, Partner-in-Charge, Manufacturing & Distribution
- Thomas Scott, Partner, Tax
- Cardell McKinstry, Partner, Transaction Advisory Services
- Kristin Maeckel, Partner, International Tax Services
For more information on Aprio’s Campus Recruiting program, visit https://www.careers.aprio.com/students-and-interns/.