Jagruti Solanki, CPA, MBA, CGMA
Senior Manager, Assurance
Jagruti is an assurance senior manager at Aprio, specializing in Technology and Blockchain. With the shift to and the emergence of more cryptocurrencies and crypto-businesses, Jagruti has been instrumental in the development of blockchain accounting best practices and the launch of Aprio’s Blockchain Services group.
Jagruti and the blockchain team at Aprio are pioneers in blockchain accounting, having provided tax, audit, audit readiness and consulting services to companies on the blockchain for over five years. This experience has allowed Aprio to develop accounting and financial reporting best practices that help companies navigate the domestic and international accounting and tax obstacles associated with tokenization and cryptocurrency.
Today, Jagruti speaks at blockchain conferences across the U.S., providing companies with insights, best practices and pitfalls related to blockchain accounting, audit, tax, regulatory, valuation and cyber risk considerations.
Jagruti has dealt with issues in ASC 606 revenue recognition, business combinations and purchase accounting, consolidations, variable interest entities, fair value accounting, discontinued operations, trouble debt restructuring and alternative financial instruments, including hedge funds and other derivatives
In 2018, Jagruti received the AICPA’s Innovative Practitioner of the Year Award for her work in blockchain accounting.
Jagruti received her Bachelors of Commerce in Advanced Accounting and Post-Graduate Diploma in Finance from India. She graduated with her MBA in Management Accounting from Iowa. She holds a CPA in the State of Georgia.
Jagruti’s professional affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Board member of TAG Corporate Development
- Co-chair of TiE Women in Business
- Board member of Senior Services North Fulton
Some of her recent speaking engagements in Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, ASC 606 revenue recognition and other topics include:
- GSMI Blockchain West Conference
- Accounting Blockchain Coalition
- Distributed Markets Blockchain Conference
- Blockchain West 2018 Summit and Trade Show
- Consensys Accounting Blockchain Coalition
- SHRM- Atlanta
- Tokenizing Health Summit
- GSCPA Fraud & Forensic Accounting Conference
- dApp Atlanta Core Summit Conference
- Hat-a-thon Women’s Blockchain
- Rainmaker’s Manufacturing Niche
- SAGE IntaactAnnual Customer Conference
- Texas Bitcoin Conference
- The U.S. Fintech Symposium