Michael Levy, CPA
Partner-in-Charge, Transaction Advisory Services
Michael is the partner responsible for the firm’s Transaction Advisory Services practice. Michael has over 20 years of audit and merger, acquisition, and divestiture due diligence and structuring experience. Prior to joining Aprio, Michael was a member of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ and Deloitte’s Transaction Services groups and Arthur Andersen’s audit practice.
Michael has assisted both financial and strategic clients in domestic and international merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions. In his capacity as the leader of Transaction Advisory Services, Michael’s primary responsibilities include assisting clients with developing structures, performing accounting and tax buy-side and sell-side due diligence, closing assistance and post-transaction integration assistance.
Michael has served a wide range of clients whose primary focus is the manufacturing, technology, distribution, real estate and consumer business industries. He has worked on transactions varying in size from $1 million to $10 billion.
With significant experience serving domestic and multinational companies, Michael ensures that the right resources are brought to bear on every project, in any business line and in any country.
Michael earned a Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Accounting from the University of Alabama. Michael’s professional and civic affiliations include:
- American Institute for Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth – Georgia Chapter treasurer and board member
- Southern Capital Forum f/k/a Atlanta Venture Forum
- Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl – Advisory board
- Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta – President and board member
- University of Alabama Red Elephant Club
- University of Alabama Alumni Association