The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: March 21–25, 2022
March 29, 2022
At a glance
- In the markets, we’re seeing a recurrent storyline play out, with stock markets performing well globally and increases in the cryptocurrency and commodities markets.
- On the other hand, bonds struggled under the weight of investors’ inflation and interest rate worries. Government and investment-grade bonds are now down 6% and 9% respectively for 2022, with the former on track for its worst year since 1949.
- Real estate has long been a critical component of the U.S. economy. Despite concerns over inflation and rising mortgage rates, home-buyer interest is at the highest level we’ve seen since the 1980s.
- The current issue at stake in the real estate sector is that the demand for homes is outpacing supply, which will likely have a major impact on prices for buyers.
- In terms of industry news, we’re reading about a game-changing deal between Uber and New York City-based taxi companies and a play into electric delivery carts by FedEx. Plus, we’re sharing new (and mildly entertaining) updates in the move back to in-person offices.
- Uber strikes a deal to list New York City taxis on its app
- FedEx is testing electric carts for last-mile delivery in big U.S. and Canadian cities
- Why bundled tech packages are coming to offices
- Google bids bidets a farewell, leaving employees cold
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (March 29th, 2022) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
About the Author
Chief Investment Officer At Aprio Wealth Management At Aprio Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.