Workshop: GASB 87 – The New Lease Accounting Standard, What You Need to Know
May 21, 2021
Got questions about GASB 87? Watch the video as expert, Jason Parker, explains what you need to know and do about GASB 87. In the video, we highlight the differences between GASB 87 and previous accounting standards for state and local governments. You’ll get details on the asset types and contracts that may be scoped out of the new standard requirements. Additionally, we discuss:
- Insights into the current state of lease accounting under GASB 87
- Implementation scoping considerations and guidance for both lessees and lessors
- Example amortization schedules and journal entries that demonstrate the financial statement impacts for both lessors and lessees.
- How GASB 87 impacts your organization and get answers to frequently asked questions
- Jason Parker, Accounting Solutions Manager, LeaseQuery
- Barbara M. Newman, Chief Financial Officer, Durham Housing Authority
- Heather Franklin, CPA, Executive Vice President of Finance (CFO), Inlivian
- Dr. Troy White, Managing Director, Housing Authorities, Aprio
Let Aprio Help
Aprio has partnered with LeaseQuery, a leader in the lease accounting industry, to provide comprehensive solutions. Our bundled solutions are perfect for helping you apply GASB 87 accounting standards to your organization. For more information about Aprio’s Lease Accounting Solutions, contact Jeff Duncan.