Event: Legal, Tax and Accounting Matters Impacting Your ICO
Thursday, Nov. 2 at 4:00 p.m.
Join Aprio and Nelson Mullins for a panel on the legal, tax and accounting matters impacting your domestic or international initial coin offering (ICO). The event will take place at Nelson Mullins’ office at 201 17th Street NW, Suite 1700, Atlanta, GA.
Topics of discussion will include:
- SEC and international securities and regulatory issues
- White paper reviews and business models analysis
- Utility/app tokens vs. security tokens (and others!)
- Tax planning and implications (pre-ICO and post-ICO) – how does this impact your cash flow?
- Accounting treatment of token sale – why does this matter and is it really complex?
- Are you an exchange and what are the implications?
- Are you an investment company and what are the implications?
- AML/KYC considerations
- Money transmitter laws
Jason I. Epstein
Chair of Blockchain and Digital Assets, Nelson Mullins
CPA, Partner-in-Charge, Business Tax, Technology & Biosciences, Aprio
Assurance Senior Manager, Technology & Biosciences and International, Aprio
Assurance Partner, Technology & Biosciences and International, and Chief Risk Officer, Aprio
Partner, FinTech and Regulatory, Nelson Mullins
- 4:00 PM – Registration
- 4:30 PM – Presentation and Panel Discussion
- 5:45 PM – Networking Reception on the Terrace