Making the 13-Week Cash Flow Model Work for Your Business
November 10, 2022
At a glance
- Main takeaway: Having a framework to project weekly cash flow that can be updated from week to week is essential for making informed financial and operational decisions.
- Impact on your business: Asking important questions can help you determine if you have the processes, insights and tools in place to effectively manage your cash flow. It may also help mitigate inflationary pressures, rising costs and recessionary headwinds, which may dampen demand.
- Next steps: Rather than operating blind, or being blindsided by predictable cash flow needs, use Aprio’s 13-week cash flow model to gain the vision you need into your cash flow and budget processes.
Don’t go at it alone. Schedule a consultation today with an Aprio cash flow professional and obtain the guidance you need to thrive.
The full story:
Are inflation pressures driving up your costs? Are recessionary headwinds dampening product demand?
If so, have you considered how a 13-week cash flow model may help you better manage your operating model and focus your attention on the highest-yielding cash flow opportunities?
Aprio has developed an interactive, industry-agnostic 13-week cash flow tool that enables small and mid-size businesses to create a framework that can be updated with each passing week.
For larger businesses, Aprio’s Transaction Advisory team can prepare custom cash flow models that account for advanced operations and more complex treasury operations.
Critical cash flow questions
Asking important questions can help you determine if you have the processes, insights and tools in place to effectively manage your cash flow.
- Is your balance sheet strong enough to survive the next quarter with a 25% revenue reduction?
- Do you have enough liquidity to sustain increases in critical expenses, including cost of goods sold, operating expenses and overhead?
- Do you know the length of your cash conversion cycle?
- Do you have a budget process?
- How often do you review your budget?
- Do you perform scenario planning to better understand the most sensitive assumptions in your budget?
- Do you have a system in place to monitor your KPIs and performance?
If you aren’t confident of your answers to some or all of the above, Aprio is here to help.
Bring your business financials into the light
Don’t operate your business blind. Gain the vision you need into your cash flow and budget processes to plan for today’s dynamic business environment.
Schedule a consultation today with an Aprio cash flow professional.
About the Author
David Zafft, CPA, CFA
David Zafft is a partner in Transaction Advisory Services at Aprio. He specializes in helping private equity firms, family offices and CFOs of middle-market businesses in healthcare, life science, technology, manufacturing and distribution and industrial industries deploy capital or prepare for pending transactions. He helps clients gain a deeper understanding of the businesses they are looking to buy or sell, which includes providing a granular overview of revenue, earnings and cash flow drivers.