The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: September 20–24, 2021
September 28, 2021
At a glance
Last week, markets opened down as the Evergrande debt crisis loomed, by week’s close, US markets were up as the Fed announced decreasing bond purchases. The economy indicates continued growth – but slowing.
- Spiking input costs are causing lost sales and potentially pinching margins as companies raise prices to try to mitigate the impact.
- A Rollercoaster week in the Markets as China’s real estate development credit crisis caused an overall 2% drop, tanking Emerging Market stocks. The market stabilized by week’s end.
- The Fed’s announcement to start decreasing bond purchases later this year increase 10-year bond interest rates, and investor confidence in the US economy.
- The People’s Bank of China declares all (off-shore and on-shore) crypto transactions illegal. Crypto values plummeted. Crypto investors – expect volatility.
- Manufacturing vs Services: Manufacturing expectations tied to backlogs reflect growth expectations, while Services indicate declining demand from rising Delta cases.
- We’re reading about China bitcoin holders scrambling to protect their assets, the fight to control the $2 Trillion Crypto market, and how many cargo containers are stuck off California’s coast?
- China and Hong Kong-based bitcoin holders scrambling to protect their crypto assets
- The fight to control the $2 trillion crypto market is heating up
- Just how many containers of cargo are stuck off California’s coast?
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (September 28, 2021) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
About the Author
Chief Investment Officer At Aprio Wealth Management At Aprio Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.