The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: July 19–23, 2021|
Reading Time: 2 minutes
At a glance
- Investors buckled their seatbelts for plenty of volatility in the markets last week — though positive economic indicators and future projections helped ease the blow.
- After a few months of consistent, strong performance, the market took investors on a rollercoaster ride. What’s behind the volatility?
- All signs point to a positive outlook for the U.S. economy over the next six months, with healthy balance sheets, low interest rates, increasing wages and strong consumer optimism.
- We already know demand is high, but what about supply? We take a look at the supply activity barometer to get a glimpse at what lies ahead for the second half of the year.
- We’re reading two new articles on the climate and how some companies’ actions are impacting the environment, for better and worse. Plus, we look at record-breaking numbers for blockchain startups and Georgia’s burgeoning film industry.
For additional information, please contact Aprio’s Wealth Management team.
- Blockchain Start-ups Raised a Record $4.4 billion in the Second Quarter Despite the Slump in Crypto Prices
- These Companies Are Sucking Carbon Out of the Atmosphere – and Investors are Piling In
- Buildings Are a Bigger Contributor to Climate Change than Cars – These Start-Ups Are Trying to Help
- Georgia film industry saw record production spend during coronavirus pandemic
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (July 28, 2021) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.