The Aprio Foundation Awards $93,000 to Nonprofit Organizations Named Community Impact Grantees
June 8, 2023
Firm’s charitable arm grants 11 nonprofit organizations funding to support impactful programs and missions
ATLANTA – No. 1 Fastest-Growing Accounting Firm in the U.S. Aprio, LLP is proud to share that the firm’s charitable arm, The Aprio Foundation, has awarded 11 grants totaling $93,000 to nonprofit community partners. Marking the first of three grant cycles slated for 2023, the first-round community impact grant recipients include Atlanta Track Club Foundation, Atlanta Victim Assistance, Inc., Community Reach of Montgomery County, Creating Connected Communities, Diabetes Foundation, Inc., Final Salute Inc., Jewish Family & Career Services, Inc., Next Generation Men & Women, Inc., North Fulton Community Charities, The HOPE Program, and Zoo Atlanta.
“We are privileged to lend our support to these organizations and witness the meaningful contributions they make within their communities through the Community Impact program,” said Michele Blondheim, Executive Director of The Aprio Foundation. “The Aprio Foundation experienced a transformative year in 2022 having proudly granted over $160,000 to worthy causes, and now, with our expanded team and geographic reach, we’re looking forward to further amplifying our impact on a national scale in 2023 and beyond.”
- Atlanta Track Club is a member-based organization centered around running that delivers world-class events, training programs and community outreach activities in the Atlanta area. Funding from the grant will support their Kilometer Kids program, which is a free, game-based curriculum that is designed to teach kids about goal setting, healthy habits, respect, and community building by exposing them to running.
- Atlanta Victim Assistance’s (AVA) mission is to advocate for the fundamental rights of victims of crime with compassion, dignity and respect. The grant will support AVA’s Safety 1st program which serves students at Maynard Jackson and Carver STEAM High Schools who have experienced or are at risk of experiencing violence, crime, and trauma.
- Community Reach of Montgomery County seeks to improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable Montgomery County residents by providing them with basic health and human services. Funding will go towards the Rockville Emergency Assistance Program (REAP) which helps working individuals and families who face financial crises, such as unexpected expenses or disruptions in income.
- For Creating Connected Communities, the Community Impact grant will directly support their outreach programs & leadership development program, combating the effects of economic hardship by providing care essentials, educational opportunities and social/emotional support, while giving thousands of children and families opportunities to celebrate and build community.
- The Diabetes Foundation is a comprehensive source of help, hope and better health for New Jersey children, adults and their families facing the challenges of type 1, type 2, prediabetes, or gestational diabetes. The grant will support their mission to provide access to diabetes education and prevention resources.
- Final Salute Inc., whose mission is to provide homeless women Veterans and their children with safe and suitable housing, will utilize the grant to support The H.O.M.E. Program which provides transitional housing, on-site case management, food, clothing, transportation, childcare subsidy/assistance, employment support, and other essential support services to homeless women Veterans and their children.
- Jewish Family & Career Services’ mission is to transform lives, and funding from the grant will directly support The Ben Massell Dental Clinic which is the only resource for comprehensive, quality dental care available at no cost to underserved and disadvantaged populations in the 13-county metropolitan Atlanta area.
- Next Generation’s goal is to close the opportunity gap for under-resourced high school students in Atlanta through exposure and support to prepare graduates for college and careers. The grant will support their College and Career Readiness Program – bringing workforce development services directly to students before they graduate and giving youth skills they need to succeed directly out of high school.
- North Fulton Community Charities help ease hardship and foster financial stability in their community. Funding will go towards operations for their case management team, who provide direct rent, mortgage, and utility financial assistance and wraparound services for families in Atlanta areas that are at risk of becoming homeless.
- The HOPE Program empowers New Yorkers to build sustainable futures through comprehensive training, jobs, advancement, and lifelong career support. The grant will support their classroom-based job training program which prepares participants for a variety of general industry fields and has an intensive focus on essential skills, digital literacy, financial literacy, and work wellness.
- Zoo Atlanta’s mission is to save wildlife and their habitats through research, conservation, education, and engaging experiences. Funding will directly support their Wild Walks Program for Title I schools to provide hands-on educational experiences and learning resources outside the classroom to support the community’s educators and their students.
The Aprio Foundation exists to fund and support employee-driven initiatives and nonprofits with a vision to provide opportunities for every Aprio employee to positively impact their local community, through values that include inclusion, diversity and equity, and positive social change to ensure community impact. Since inception in 2016, the Foundation has supported local and national nonprofit organizations through financial contributions, community impact grants and in-kind donations. The community impact grants aim to propel each of the nonprofits’ annual programs, new strategic initiatives, special projects and overall mission.
Nonprofit organizations are nominated by Aprio team members to apply. For additional information visit The Aprio Foundation.
Aprio is a premier, full-service business advisory and certified public accounting firm that advises clients and associates on how to achieve what’s next. Aprio’s associates work as integrated teams across advisory, audit, tax, outsourcing, talent solutions and private client services, bringing the best thinking and personal commitment to each client. Across practices, Aprio brings together proven expertise, deep understanding and strategic foresight for industries including Manufacturing and Distribution; Non-Profit and Education; Professional Services; Real Estate; Construction; Retail, Franchise and Hospitality; Government Contracting, and Technology and Blockchain. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Aprio has grown to over 1,600 team members. To serve clients wherever life or business may take them, Aprio’s teams speak more than 35 languages and work with clients in over 50 countries. For more, visit https://www.aprio.com/.
Aprio Website: https://www.aprio.com/
Aprio Careers: https://www.careers.aprio.com/
Cheri Husney – Cheri.Husney@aprio.com