The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: Oct 25 – Oct 29, 2021
November 2, 2021
At a glance:
- Overall markets close October strong with stocks up nearly six percent for the month.
- Nasdaq, Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 are now at all-time highs making October an excellent month to be a stock market investor.
- Housing prices are soaring compared to last year and are up 20 percent since August.
- Homeowners are feeling good about the value of their home equity and are celebrating with remodeling projects.
- Bonds continue to struggle this month with increased concern over inflation and interest rates.
- Meanwhile, we are reading about how Facebook’s Meta mission was laid out in a 50-page document from 2018 declaring ‘The Metaverse is ours to lose,’ Hertz takes a first step to electrify their rental-car fleet with an order of 100,000 Teslas, Apple and Amazon stock dives and wipes out more than $200 billion in value and it’s open season for the market on big oil’s future as Dan Loeb calls for the breakup of Royal Dutch Shell.
- Facebook’s Meta Mission laid out in a 2018 Paper Declaring ‘The Metaverse is ours to lose’
- Hertz Order for 100,000 EVs Sends Tesla Value to $1 Trillion
- Apple and Amazon Stock Dives Set to Erase $200 Billion in Value
- Shell vs. Dan Loeb: It’s Open Season for the Market on Big Oil’s Future
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (November 2nd, 2021) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
About the Author
Chief Investment Officer At Aprio Wealth Management At Aprio Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.