Joe Spain, Jr., CPA, CVA, ABV, CFF
Joe has been providing corporate tax and business valuation advisory services for more than 30 years. His personalized approach and collaborative work style ensure that clients are ready for what’s next.
Although Joe serves clients in a broad spectrum of industries, he has deep experience helping medical and legal practices achieve and maintain profitable growth. Joe’s experience also extends into the realm of entertainment, helping performers navigate multi-state and international tax challenges.
Joe’s depth of tax experience and easy-going client-centric approach enable him to serve clients as a trusted advisor. The genuine care and attentive service he provides has created client relationships that span both businesses and generations.
Before joining Aprio, Joe was the Managing Partner at Magoon, Freeman, Spain & Jones, LLC. Prior to his tenure at MFSJ, he was the President of a mortgage broker firmand served as a multi-year court-appointed CFO for a business during marital dissolution,he also served in a CFO capacity for the law firm, McCalla Raymer.
Joe earned his BBA in Accounting from Georgia State University.
His professional affiliations include:
- American Institute of CPAs
- GA Society of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Board of Directors – United States Bowling Congress
- Board of Directors – Georgia State USBC
- Board of Directors – Greater Atlanta USBC
- Board of Directors – Southeast Bowling Association
- Board of Directors – Timothy & Jeanette Adams Foundation
- Board of Directors – Synergy Insurance Company