Scott Barnett, CPA
Scott is the partner responsible for the firm’s insurance audit efforts. Scott places high importance on growing with and building lasting relationships with his clients. It’s a top priority to always be available when they need him, forming a partnership between them. Recently, Scott went through a restructure with a client who was dealing with accounting issues. He successfully helped the client comply with debt covenants and gave them the right information to make a decision on a purchase price.
Scott specializes in auditing both statutory and GAAP reporting property and casualty insurance companies, life insurance companies, captive insurance companies, small captive insurance companies and state insurance guaranty associations. Scott also has extensive experience in real estate, construction, restaurants and non-profit organizations.
Scott received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accountancy from The University of Georgia in 1988. His professional affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Insurance Accounting & Systems Association (IASA), Georgia Chapter – Vice president
- Georgia Captive Insurance Association – Board member
- Insurance Accounting & Systems Association (IASA)