The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: August 16–20, 2021
August 25, 2021
At a glance:
- Recent market performance shows just how much investors are worried about the future of the economy, amid rising COVID-19 cases. On the bright side, interest and investment in tech are booming.
- Markets fell short last week, while bonds held steady — a sign that investors are growing uneasy about the future outlook.
- As interest in fintech and cybersecurity has grown, tech companies and investors have accelerated the pace of their investments amid the pandemic.
- Is Instagram out and TikTok in? According to digital advertisers, the answer seems to be a resounding yes.
- Shipping woes have retailers growing weary about the holiday season, while the chip shortage prompts Toyota to cut output. Plus, a giant SPAC deal gets axed by legal drama and the country’s second-largest mortgage lender is getting in on the crypto craze.
- Logistics Hot Mess Has Retailers Facing Grim Holiday Season
- The Chip Shortage Strikes Again: Toyota to Cut Output by 40 Percent
- Second-largest US Mortgage Lender Will Accept Payment in Bitcoin
- Bill Ackman Calls it Quits on His Giant SPAC Days After Shareholder Lawsuit
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (August 25, 2021) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
About the Author
Chief Investment Officer At Aprio Wealth Management At Aprio Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.