The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: Feb 28 – Mar 4, 2022
March 8, 2022
At a glance:
- The geopolitical conflict between Ukraine and Russia is hitting the markets. Commodities, specifically oil and wheat, made big moves this week signaling more to come. Economic indicators are giving mixed signals on future growth despite companies reporting positive earnings.
- The market is crippled with uncertainty as global stocks continue to decline and investors seek safe haven in government and quality corporate bonds.
- The price of oil and wheat has spiked to levels not seen in decades likely due to the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia.
- Nearly 99% of S&P 500 companies have reported positive earnings, yet the number of companies lowering their guidance on future earnings has increased to 40% from 20%.
- Manufacturers are showing signs of optimism as inventories and imports report positive improvements over the last few months.
- As it relates to industry news, we’re reading about the financial sanctions against Russia, an explanation on the geopolitics behind the invasion of Ukraine, housing experts divided on home price forecasts and Disney+ to launch cheaper ad-supported subscription options.
- Financial sanctions against Russia will create wide-ranging impact
- Why Russia is invading Ukraine – an overview video
- Housing experts divided on home sale forecast
- Disney+ to launch cheaper ad-supported tier later this year
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (March 8th, 2022) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
About the Author
Chief Investment Officer At Aprio Wealth Management At Aprio Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.