The Pulse on the Economy and Capital Markets: January 3–7, 2022
January 11, 2022
At a glance:
- Markets started the year on a low note, as stocks and bonds both declined amid news about the Federal Reserve’s aggressive position on interest rates.
- Technology and long-term bonds took a hit, while the rate on the 10-year bond jumped 0.25% after the Fed released its most recent minutes.
- On the mergers & acquisitions (M&A) front, the industrials sector continues to have a banner year. Specifically, technology deals and software company acquisitions are leading the pack and show no sign of slowing down.
- We continue to see a rise in wage inflation, with wages for women outpacing wages for men.
- With increasing wages, we’re also seeing quit rates at record highs, as employees leave their current jobs to seek wage growth elsewhere.
- In terms of industry news, we’re reading about new trends in the apartment rental space, interesting developments in the world of artificial intelligence and 10 market expectations for 2022 from an investing legend.
- How AI is set to evolve in 2022
- Demand for apartments in 2021 smashes previous record high by 66%
- Rents still increasingly sharply year-over-year
- Blackstone’s Wall Street legend Byron Wien’s 10 Surprises for 2022
Investment advisory services are offered by Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed are as of the current date (January 11th, 2022) and subject to change without notice. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC shall not be responsible for any trading decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from, or related to, the information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein or their use, which do not constitute investment advice, are provided as of the date written, are provided solely for informational purposes and therefore are not an offer to buy or sell a security. This commentary is for informational purposes only and has not been tailored to suit any individual. References to specific securities or investment options should not be considered an offer to purchase or sell that specific investment.
This commentary contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results to differ materially and/or substantially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those projected in the forward-looking statements for any reason.
No graph, chart, or formula in this presentation can be used in and of itself to determine which securities to buy or sell, when to buy or sell securities, whether to invest using this investment strategy, or whether to engage Aprio Wealth Management, LLC’s investment advisory services.
Investments in securities are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Prices of securities may fluctuate from time to time and may even become valueless. Any securities mentioned in this commentary are not FDIC-insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by a bank or other financial institution. Before making any investment decision, investors should read and consider all the relevant investment product information. Investors should seriously consider if the investment is suitable for them by referencing their own financial position, investment objectives, and risk profile before making any investment decision. There can be no assurance that any financial strategy will be successful.
Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Aprio Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Aprio Wealth Management, LLC and the Aprio Group of Companies are not affiliated with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments.
About the Author
Chief Investment Officer At Aprio Wealth Management At Aprio Simeon is the Chief Investment Officer of Aprio Wealth Management and the Director of Aprio Family Office. Simeon brings two decades of professional investing experience in publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as senior-level operating and strategy consulting experiences.